Monday, June 14, 2010

Buenas Dias! How is everyone? I hope the heavens are smiling upon you my dear friends and family. I am doing really great here. I received a letter from Nicki and announcements from the Skidmores who are graduating- that was fun to see pictures! Thanks!

This week was a little stressful. I even have signs of my stress all over my blessed face. Oh the joys of the work. This week we had two investigators with a baptismal date. Carmen Martinez and her son William. We had planned to do divisions so I could teach English classes and my companion could go with the district leaders to have the interviews. The next day we went to visit them. Everything was ready for the service the next day, and I was so thrilled that they had passed their interviews.

We walked into their house and knew that something was wrong. This family loves us to death, but Hermana Carmen just glared at me. I asked her what happened and she said that she would not be baptized. My heart maybe dropped completely down to my feet. I asked her why. She started off...¨Well first off you did not tell me that that I would have to answer those kind of questions (the questions in the interview are like ..have you ever been in prison, have you had an abortion, have you killed someone etc.) and second off it was an elder I don´t even know asking me those questions, and to top it off YOU weren´t even here to support me.¨ Wow, I just sunk into their dirty old sofa a little speechless. We, of course, opened up the scriptures. I've found when there are problems if we can open up the Book of Mormon really fast, the problems usually go anyway.

Long story short (well not really I just wrote a novel..sorry) they were baptized!!! And we´re planning a baptismal service for this Saturday for the dad, he hasn´t smoked all week!!!

There is such a power in the Book of Mormon. If you are not in it everyday, get in it! I love you all and want the best for you. Thanks for your prayers and support on my behalf. Hooray for ISRAEL.......

XOOXOXOxooxoOXoxoXOoxooOOOOOXOXOxox

Hermana Tavenner

No comments:

Post a Comment