Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hey FAMMMMMM

What is happening? How's the candy? How was the tricking and the treating and the pumpkin pie eating....or is that only for Thanksgiving???....I have been away from the states TOO long.

This week thanks for the letters!! I received, oh wait I don't think I got any.When they are handing out all the packages and cards everyone just sits their all tense, hoping, praying that one beautiful card will have their name on it. When they get to the last one and say the name of the missionary next to you and you sit there staring at your sweaty empty hands it's the kind of feeling you get after buying an ice cream cone and then after the first lick watching the creamy vanilla fall to the floor. Haha just kidding. I exaggerate maybe just a tab sometimes. The elders make fun of me because I get more mail than everyone in my zone. And this week I did get a dearelder from mom with updates from the cousins. Booyah.

So about the mission work, that is why I"m writing. Can I just say.....I love this country. In this area we don't have a cook, so we make all our our food. You'd think, ok they will be eating better because they can choose what they cook right? Wrong. You don't know me. I"m lazy. I made beans for lunch four times this week and we ate pupusas for dinner three times.

We went to visit David and Silvia this week, like every other day. Oh we were so close to planning a wedding and an awesome baptismal service! We felt the spirit. We planned the wedding. We sang the hymns. We brought the members. We brought the zone leaders. We read the scriptures.We ate the chocolate. We did EVERYTHING. joy... wedding.... baptisms.... love.... But as my 7th grade history teacher use to always say.. all good things must come to an end. The husband, David, finally devastatingly told us Friday night that he could not accept to be married right now. The commitment was too big and was not ready. We were crushed. We attempted to help him change his mind and see the big picture, but he is a stubborn man. Why do I always get the investigators that are so stubborn? So my comp and I went home. sad. Went to church and brought no investigators. more sad. And we ate some more chocolate.

I know that God has a plan for these dear people. I don't always understand it. Ok I never understand it. And never can see things the way he sees them, but I"m trusting in him and trying to follow. I'm going forth. Book of Mormon in hand, chocolate bar in the other. bringing salvation to the souls of man!!!

LOVE you all SOOOO much I wish I could just give you all a big hug and juicy kiss!!! ((WOW I've changed here huh???????))

HOORAW FOR ISRAEL
Hna Tav

No comments:

Post a Comment