Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hola ¿qué tal mis queridos hermanos y amigos? Ojala que la vida para Ustedes es muy buena, que la mano del Señor esta en sus vidas y nuca faltan su comida, ¡su comida rica de papas!

I am SOOOO good here. OK so Monday night we had FHE with familia Garcia, hermano Jose. We talked about covenants. It was a good lesson, I asked Jose in what way he could show his heavenly father he was willing to keep the commandments. IN a very sarcastic tone he said, by being baptized. I looked at him and said ¨hermano Jose I hope you don´t think we are here just to get numbers. Just to say we had another baptism. We are here because after this life when we are all eating pupuas at that big family table, we want you there, after this life when we are playing soccer as a family, we want you to play too.¨ He didn´t say anything. Then Tuesday night I my comp got a call. I was out washing my clothes in our little cement thingy when I hear her start to yell. I came running in asking what was up. She said it was Sofia on the phone and her husband wanted to be baptized. This Saturday.
So we threw everything together. Saturday morning Sofia came to our house and said that morning Jose woke up and said look at what these missionaries are doing to me, first I cut off my hair and today I'm getting baptized, what has happened to me??

It was the most beautiful and spiritual service I have been to and hermano Jose was beaming the whole time.
There is nothing greater than bring people to a knowledge of the gospel. inviting them to partake of the fruit of eternal life. Never forget your purpose here. Never settle. Love you all. Thanks for your prayers, you´re always in mine.
THIS WORK IS SO GREAT!!!! HOORAY FOR ISRAEL!!
Hermana Tavenner
meet you at the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment