Monday, January 3, 2011

FYI: Shanna will be home February 2 and will report her mission on February 13 at 9 am. We had a great time talking to her on Christmas Day and she hadn't told us until then when she would be coming home!!!


Hola familia, como estado todos?? I am missing you all a lot today! I don't have a whole lot of time to write. But thanks for the letters Grandma and Grandpa Skidmore. And also NICKI!! You guys +icecream=bestdayever.....

So we had a crazy New Year. The people here just lite off fireworks (that are more like bags of gun powder they just start on fire) from 9pm until 1am. So we didn't sleep a whole lot. It was a little harder as well to teach people, no one had time to receive us. But we visited the members and then on New Years Day we went over to the assistants house and helped them move houses. Talk about privileges. OK washing machine. Microwave. Three Bathrooms. My house......Cement slab to wash clothes. Little plug in heater thing to heat up food. Bug infested bathroom.

We are teaching this man Joaquin; he is a professional basketball trainer. He says that he has never been interested in receiving gospel studies, but says he really feels something different with us. We are also teaching three families right now. There is something so special about teaching families. I really like it better. The gospel is here for the family. How great is the plan of salvation! The Lord has something so much greater than this place prepared for us. This was my last fast and testimony meeting of my mission. (I think.....) It was really a weird feeling. I got up in front of the congregation and just stood there a second in silence. I touched my name tag and felt a terrible sadness. To leave something I've grown to love so much is really hard. I feel like I am watching one of those sand time keepers. As it gets near the end, the sand starts to fall faster and faster. I want so desperately to stop it but don't know how. How can I leave the family I have here? It's different because I doubt this family I will see again in this life. The Lord has a purpose in all things. Sometimes we have to go where he leads us, even when it's not where we want to go.


LOVE YOU SO mUCHO FAMILYYYY> HOORAW FOR ISRAEL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanna's family, I'm a friend of Shanna's from Ecuador :). I was wondering if you could give more details on her homecoming? such as an address maybe :)THANKYOU!

    ReplyDelete