Monday, January 17, 2011

Hey Fam..

This week you all gave me the haul.
Got a letter from NickI (you are blowing me away, you are better at
writing than my own fam) from Josephsons (awesome package, you know I
put those earrings in that same day, and have worn them EVERY day
since. And the chocolate……joy) ok and pictures and cute snowman
letters sent by my mother, wait for it…….card from Grandma….I open it
and a movie of christmas dogs started playing with barking. OK I
cannot even describe the happiness that filled my soul. I open it like
5 times a day, just to feel happy. Gracias :)

Ok this week was nothing short of amazing. We have been teaching a
sweet little old woman named Gloria for so long. She feeds us on
average 4 times a week (usually good food, but we did have a soup
made of cow stomach and nerves and intestines that I really had to
choke down). We truly are her adopted granddaughters. She comes to
church every week, but never had the desire to be baptized. It was
really hard for us, because we care about her a lot, and to think of
the blessings that God has for those who keep the commandments, not to
mention that the baptism is the door to eternal life. It was hard
for us that she could not receive those blessings. Well we passed by
Wednesday with the zone leaders to give her a blessing; she's been
sick lately. We talked a little about the healing power of Christ and
the importance of having faith in him. Then out of no where she said
"Hermana Tavenner,I want to be baptized. I want to before you go home"
I was blown away, I said " this Saturday?" and she said "Ok".

Her baptism was so awesome. Her son, Oscar, is a convert of mine. He
shared his testimony about how the gospel has changed his life, and
how finally the person most special to him in the world would finally
as well have those blessings in her life.

Sorry long story short, it was a day I will never forget. El Salvador
is the best. Saturday I was washing my clothes outside in our cement
sink slab thinking, I love this place! I have learned so much from
these people. We can learn so much from others as we live like them.


HOORAH 4 Israel
Hna TAV

No comments:

Post a Comment