Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey FAMILIA Y AMIGOS

How are you all doing? Thanks for the letters!! Jessica Woods (we are SO fast writing!! joy.), a letter to the Weights that I sent that got returned to me (that counts as a letter right?) and my mother dear. Ok so with troubles finding postal services as well as how long it takes to get there I'm sorry but I don't have time to write letters before I go. I fly back to the states Feb.2. That is too soon....

This week has been crazy with nursing. Everyone decided to get sick, and we received calls like crazy. One missionary got stung by a scorpion (a really dangerous huge insect here) we were pretty nervous because people have died from that and we didn't know what to do for him. He asked for a health blessing. After receiving the blessing the part where he received the sting was completely uninflamed and showed no trace of a sting. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood! I know that the Lord is mindful of us and that miracles have not ceased! I have seen them time and time again here. As we place our trust in him and move forward they are there. They do not always come how we want, or how we ask but God, just as a loving parent, sometimes says no for our good. His thoughts are not our thoughts neither are his ways our ways, but as we willingly accept his will then can he touch our lives and make of us so much more.

The Church...so true.
Joseph Smith....prophet called of God
Jesus Christ...the Savior and Redeemer of us all
I am SO grateful for the blessings of the restored gospel in my life. I pray that all of you too have been blessed with the tender mercies of God and can see his hand extended in your lives.

LOVE ya!!! HOORAW for Israel!

Sister Tavenner

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I read your blog I feel better! You have a knack of making people happy Sister Tavenner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for the comments you wrote about the poor missionary who got stung by the scorpion. It brought great peace to my heart. My son is Elder Harvey, the missonary who sought your help and advice for the scorpion sting. Thank you for your hard work and the care and concern you give these missionaries.

    ReplyDelete